Don't get us wrong, we love sushi! But sometimes the thought of rolling your own at home can be enough to turn you off making it. So we created a deconstructed sushi bowl version with the same delicious flavors!
- 5 ounces extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup tamari
- 3 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup brown rice
- 1 carrot, spiralized, thinly sliced or julienned
- 1 small cucumber, spiralized, thinly sliced or julienned
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Handful of greens
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger
- Cut tofu into small cubes and marinade in tamari, rice-wine vinegar, garlic, ginger and honey while you prep the other ingredients.
- Prep all veggies for your bowl.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add sesame oil, drain excess marinade and add tofu. Brown tofu, remove from heat and add to your bowls.
- Finish assembling bowls with prepped veggies, avocado, greens, sprinkle with sesame seeds and top with pickled ginger.