Deconstructed Sushi Bowl With Marinated Tamari Tofu
Don't get us wrong, we love sushi! But sometimes the thought of rolling your own at home can be enough to turn you off making it. So we created a deconstructed sushi bowl version with the same delicious flavors!
- 5 ounces extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup tamari
- 3 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup brown rice
- 1 carrot, spiralized, thinly sliced or julienned
- 1 small cucumber, spiralized , thinly sliced or julienned
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Handful of greens
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger
- Cut tofu into small cubes and marinade in tamari, rice-wine vinegar, garlic, ginger and honey while you prep the other ingredients.
- Prep all veggies for your bowl.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add sesame oil, drain excess marinade and add tofu. Brown tofu, remove from heat and add to your bowls.
- Finish assembling bowls with prepped veggies, avocado, greens, sprinkle with sesame seeds and top with pickled ginger.