Delicata Squash Salad With Cider Vinaigrette & Almond “Parmesan”
"What is almond parmesan," you ask? This is a game-changer! A little bowl of goodness made with 4 ingredients, free from dairy and very delicious! The perfect salad topper.
This recipes puts it to perfect use!
FOR THE SALAD
- 2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 medium-sized delicata squash, seeded and sliced into 1/4 inch half moons (no need to peel)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cups spinach
- small handful of micro greens (optional)
TOASTED NUTS & SEEDS
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- olive oil
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw honey, more or less to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of fine sea salt
ALMOND PARMESAN CHEESE
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Toss the squash with 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and place on a prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven until lightly browned and tender. About 15-20 minutes. Flip squash halfway through cooking.
- Toss chickpeas with the remaining oil and a few pinches of sea salt. Place on a separate prepared baking sheet and roast in the same oven as the squash until lightly browned and crisp. About 15 minutes. Shake the pan halfway through cooking.
- In a large salad bowl toss the spinach and onion together. Set aside.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat on the stove. Add the nuts and seeds. Lightly toast until brown. About 3 minutes. Shake the pan a few times to make sure the seeds/nuts toast on all sides.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Taste test, adjust seasonings if need be and set aside.
- Place all the ingredients for the parmesan in a food processor and process until a fine meal is achieved.
- Toss the squash, chickpeas, nuts and seeds with the spinach. Add the dressing to taste and sprinkle with almond parmesan.
The almond parmesan cheese can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 months. Use this recipe as a guide and adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary. Taste test as you go.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!