DIY Edible Gift Solutions For Healthy Foodies
It’s a great time of the year to become more mindful and perhaps, instead of participating in mindless consumerism, use a little more thought to give a gift made with love.
We’ve got some simple, but beautiful, gifts for you to make yourself for someone special. The great thing is they take hardly any time, the cost is small, and they will make someone very happy!
HOMEMADE STRESS-RELIEVING BATH SOAK
We all have that one friend who is feeling stressed. Why not help them relax this holiday season by inviting them to soak their body in a mix of your stress-relieving bath salts? Trust us, they will thank you afterwards!
- 4 cups epsom salts
- A few sprigs of fresh lavender
- 10 drops lavender essential oils
- Mix all ingredients together and store in small jars.
- These will last for months, making a great gift for someone you know who is a little stressed out.
SPICED MACADAMIA NUTS
Roasting your own nuts just might be (in our opinion) one of the most satisfying things you can do this holiday season! Skipping the nasty additives and overdose of sugar is well worth it when you spice your own, toast them up and enjoy them. The only tricky thing is that you may find yourself eating them all before you gift them to a friend ;-) Good luck!
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients, stirring to ensure you coat the macadamia nuts well.
- Spread nuts evenly over the baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown. Keep an eye on these as a minute over and the nuts will be too brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before dividing into small jars to give (with love) to your friends.
CHOCOLATE BROWNIE MIX
We all love a good gluten-free brownie, but putting together the ingredients can sometimes be a challenge. So why not help that one friend out who always says, 'I must try this recipe sometime' and do the prep for them?
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup raw cacao or Food Matters Superfood Chocolate
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
MethodLayer the ingredients in a nice jar, seal, and don't forget to add a little note so they will know what they need to do next! Here's our suggestion:
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 150mL maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix together dry ingredients with the wet.
- Spread brownie mixture into square baking tray or into muffin tray for small single brownies.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!