DIY Herbal Bath Salts for Muscle Relaxation
Sometimes your body is just screaming for some TLC! This simple DIY sore muscle bath soak will be your saving grace to ease the pain and get in some much-needed downtime.
It’s important to take some time out during your busy life and give your aching muscles some lovin’. Soaking your limbs in an Epsom salt bath is the perfect way to give your body (and mind) some much-needed relaxation.
Epsom salts are actually the mineral compound magnesium sulfate. Both magnesium and sulfate are essential for the human body. Being among the few minerals easily absorbed through the skin, soaking in their goodness is the best way to feel the effects. Epsom salt baths are no longer that of folklore; various recent studies have documented their benefits. The extensive list includes:
- Helping relax skeletal muscles by flushing lactic acid buildup
- Regulating muscle and nerve function
- Improving circulation
- Flushing toxins and heavy metals from the body
- Drawing inflammation from muscles
Sold? Here’s how to make it:
- 2-4 cups of Epsom salt, depending on the size of your bath
- 2 tbsp dried lavender or rosemary leaves
- 10-15 drops of essential oil of choice: Lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, and rosemary are great for reducing inflammation and reviving fatigued muscles.
- Draw a bath at the warmest temperature you can comfortably enjoy.
- Add 2-4 cups of Epsom salt (depending on the size of your bath).
- Allow the salt to dissolve.
- Add your essential oil and dried lavender.
- Soak for at least 12-15 minutes in the bath (this is the most important part).
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!