DIY Natural Mosquito Bug Spray
Many parents are concerned about using regular insect repellents on themselves and their children. Compared to conventional products that contain DEET, there's no question that an essential oil mosquito repellent is safer. In fact, it is infinitely safer! The primary ingredients – malathion, DEET and permethrin – are commonly used pesticides and have been linked to a variety of health concerns, which is why my family and I avoid the stuff like the plague.
Alternatively, finding the right essential oil mosquito repellent blend for your body chemistry can be tricky and I want to help you find the right solution for you!
- 1 ounce carrier oil (mixture of neem, fractionated coconut oil, and soybean)
- 15 drops essential oils *
- Glass spray bottle
- Drop essential oils* into glass spray bottle.
- Add in carrier oil and shake vigorously.
- Spray over and rub onto exposed skin right before going outside.
- Reapply every 60-90 minutes.
Remember, there are no magic formulas for finding the right essential oil mosquito repellent. You need to find that right blend for your body chemistry and I recommend trying creating a couple different blends using these scientifically proven oils.
- Cedar wood
- Clove (reported as being the most effective)
- Lemon eucalyptus