Dried Mango Muesli
Unlike most store-bought muesli, this recipe is free from processed sugar. It can also be made 100 percent gluten-free if you swap the rolled oats for gluten-free oats (oats are processed in facilities that also process gluten, so they can’t be labeled as GF). The dried mango in this muesli mix is inspired by the countless packets of dried mango we devoured in the Philippines and Thailand. If you happen to visit the Philippines, get stuck into their mangoes! They’re the best I have ever tasted.
- 200 g (2 cups) rolled oats
- 55 g (1⁄3 cup) flax seeds
- 55 g (1⁄3 cup) chia seeds
- 55 g (1⁄3 cup) hemp seeds
- 50 g (1⁄3 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 50 g dried mango, roughly chopped
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and diced
- 60 g (1 cup) shredded coconut
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Store in an airtight jar in the pantry for up to 2 months.
- Serve the muesli with any plant-based milk or soak in plant-based milk overnight for a bircher muesli. It’s also delicious added to smoothies or served with coconut yogurt.
The Global Vegan by Ellie Bullen, Published by Plum, RRP $34.99, Photography by Ellie Bullen.