Drool Worthy Vegan Passionfruit 'Cheesecake'
Have your cake & eat it too! This raw vegan ‘cheesecake’ is super simple to make using some of Mother Nature’s finest ingredients!
Serving Size: Makes 12-15 generous slices
- 1 cup almonds
- 6 dates, pitted
- 3 cups cashews (soaked for 3 hours)
- 6 drops of double strength vanilla extract or ¼ tsp of normal strength
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 passion fruits
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¾ cup water
- ½ tsp coconut sugar
- 2-3 grams agar agar (this is a seaweed, you can find it in most health food stores)
- ½ passionfruit
What to do
- For the base, place the almonds and dates in a food processor and blend until you can pinch the mixture and it sticks together. This should normally take about 2 minutes.
- Press down the mixture in a 21cm or 8.5" springform cake tin lined with unbleached baking paper.
- For the filling, add all ingredients in a food processor and blend for around 3-5 minutes until you reach a creamy smooth consistency.
- Pour on top of the base and place in the freezer for about 1.5-2 hours or until the filling has gone firm.
- While the cake is setting, bring the water, coconut sugar and agar agar to the boil for the jelly in a small saucepan.
- Once boiling, simmer for around 3-4 minutes, stirring. Make sure that the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add in the passion fruits and stir. Let it cool for about 5-7 minutes then pour over the set cake.
- Put it in the fridge to set. This should take no more than 20-30 minutes.
- Serve cold.
Pretty easy right? This cake is quite rich, so a small slice should be satisfying.
What about you? How do you use passionfruit in your recipes?
Your skin is your largest organ, so make sure you’re treating it right. Discover our favorite non-negotiable beauty products .