Have your cake & eat it too! This raw vegan ‘cheesecake’ is super simple to make using some of Mother Nature’s finest ingredients!
Serving Size: Makes 12-15 generous slices
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup almonds
- 6 dates, pitted
- 3 cups cashews (soaked for 3 hours)
- 6 drops of double strength vanilla extract or ¼ tsp of normal strength
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 passion fruits
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¾ cup water
- ½ tsp coconut sugar
- 2-3 grams agar agar (this is a seaweed, you can find it in most health food stores)
- ½ passionfruit
WHAT TO DO
- For the base, place the almonds and dates in a food processor and blend until you can pinch the mixture and it sticks together. This should normally take about 2 minutes.
- Press down the mixture in a 21cm or 8.5" springform cake tin lined with unbleached baking paper.
- For the filling, add all ingredients in a food processor and blend for around 3-5 minutes until you reach a creamy smooth consistency.
- Pour on top of the base and place in the freezer for about 1.5-2 hours or until the filling has gone firm.
- While the cake is setting, bring the water, coconut sugar and agar agar to the boil for the jelly in a small saucepan.
- Once boiling, simmer for around 3-4 minutes, stirring. Make sure that the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add in the passion fruits and stir. Let it cool for about 5-7 minutes then pour over the set cake.
- Put it in the fridge to set. This should take no more than 20-30 minutes.
- Serve cold.
Pretty easy right? This cake is quite rich, so a small slice should be satisfying.