Easy 3 Ingredient Energy Bars
These easy 3 ingredient energy bars are great for breakfast or as a grab and go snack. Easy to make and delicious these snacks will become a family favorite. Feel good about giving these snacks to your kiddos as they do not have all the added preservatives and fillers that store bought granola or energy bars have.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 cups of raisins
- Add the 3 ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until combined. Do not over process the mixture or you will get a paste.
- Line a 4×4 Pyrex container with plastic wrap.
- With a spatula, spread out the mixture, covering the entire pan.
- Pull the plastic wrap out of the container. Cut into squares. Use wax paper to separate squares so that they do not stick together.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week. (They never last more than a day at our house).
Eating almonds is an easy way get vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and potassium in your diet. This snack is a heart healthy choice and aids in weight management. Additionally, almonds are a significant source of protein, fiber and healthy unsaturated fats.
Dates are a great source of fiber, potassium, copper, manganese, magnesium and vitamin B6. This sweet fruit promotes digestive health, boosts brain and heart health and are anti-inflammatory.
Raisins aid in bone formation, protect your eyes and teeth, modulate sugar absorption, reduce blood pressure, promote cardiac health and are being studied for their ability to prevent cancer.
Some health foods are non-negotiable. You can shop the Food Matters’ pantry staples here.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!