Easy Steamed Fish
Cooking fish in a bag helps to infuse the flavors and lock in the moisture. This steamed fish is aromatic and incredibly soft. A simple, delicious dish!
Why it’s so good for you:
Fish is high in protein and a great source of omega-3 fats, making it a great addition to your diet, supporting your heart, joint, and brain health.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 fish fillet, firm, white, non-oily (snapper, trout, sea bass, cod, halibut, sole, turbot, whiting, or wild barramundi)
- 1 lemon slice and extra lemon wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or organic butter
- 1 small handful fresh cilantro (coriander) or dill
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Pinch sea salt
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C) and cut a piece of parchment paper, roughly 20 inches long.
- Place the fish fillet in the centre and top with all the other ingredients.
- Bring the long ends of the paper together and fold down securely several times, then fold down or twist the ends tightly and fold under the fish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until just cooked. The fish should easily flake.
- Open the parcel and serve immediately with all its cooking juices.
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.