Energy Boosting Bliss Balls
It’s three or four in the afternoon. Your energy may be starting to wane, yet there are more tasks on your to-do list. This is a typical scenario for many of us. We are living life reactively instead of proactively. When a slump hits, we reach for sugar or caffeine to ward it away.
This energy burst from addictive foods is only temporary. Sugar and caffeine force our adrenal glands to release cortisol, a stress hormone. Over time, this habit can lead to chronic stress, which causes inflammation and can be a pre-cursor to a whole host of illnesses.
What can we do to help balance mood and energize ourselves in the afternoon without stressing the adrenal glands? These energy treats provide an excellent snack option that’s packed with blood-sugar balancing herbs like cinnamon and combines natural sweetness with protein to slow the release of glucose into the b loodstream.
The best part about these treats is that they are quick and easy to make and they don’t require refrigeration. Store them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Know that you are pro-actively taking care of yourself every time you eat one.
*Please choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 1 cup tahini (roasted sesame seed butter)
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ½ teaspoon each: cinnamon and cardamom powders
- A pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 Tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup coarsely chopped almonds
- ¼ cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Shredded coconut for coating
- Mix tahini, almond butter and honey until smooth. Add spices, coconut, oats, chia seeds and nuts - mix in well. Roll the dough into small balls. You can use a tablespoon measure to scoop out each ball if you like.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut onto a plate. Place a few of the balls onto the coconut and roll them around until they are well coated. Repeat this process with all the balls.
- Once all the balls are rolled in coconut, place them in an airtight container and store in a cool, dark place for up to 2 weeks.
Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients for your body. You can support your daily intake with our go-to supplement.