Fibre-Packed Cannellini Beans With Sage & Goat’s Cheese
Looking for a quick and easy gluten-free lunch that’s packed with nutrients? This recipe is one of my all-time favourites - it’s deliciously comforting AND super healthy. Cooking the cannellini beans in garlic, a hint of organic butter, pungent herbs and goat’s cheese takes this humble bean to a whole new creamy, herby level! The best part - these beans are rich in fibre so if you’ve been naughty and skipped the fibre in your brekky or snacks, you can make up for it with this delicious, nutritious lunch.
- 1 can of organic cannellini beans, rinsed1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp organic butter
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 50g goat’s cheese cubed
- Handful of fresh rocket
- 3 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 sage leaves
- Sprinkle of fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Cook garlic and sage in butter then add beans and dried oregano. Stir beans to coat in butter and herbs for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add goat’s cheese then season with a small amount of sea salt and pepper and gently mix, being careful not to break up the goat’s cheese cubes.
- Turn heat off then lay a bed of rocket on a serving plate. Top with bean mixture, fresh oregano, cherry tomatoes, walnuts and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (and extra sea salt or pepper if required).