Fudgy Chocolate Brownies With Lentils
Are you ready for a treat? These Fudgy Chocolate Brownies are made with lentils, coconut oil and dates, which makes them moist in the middle without all that refined sugar and butter. A cleaner, healthier, more delicious version for every occasion!
- 1 cup prepared lentils
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 6 pitted dates
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Combine the lentils, coconut oil, sea salt, maple syrup, dates, cocoa, and eggs into high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until the mixture looks smooth and you no longer see any bean or date pieces.
- Empty the contents into a bowl and stir in the almond flour, chocolate chips and raspberries.
- Spread the mixture into a parchment lined 20 cm (8 inch) square pan or muffin molds and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and firm on top.
- Brownies will be moist in the middle and are best sliced once cooled.
Some health foods are non-negotiable. You can shop the Food Matters’ pantry staples here.