Fudgy Chocolate Brownies With Lentils
Are you ready for a treat? These Fudgy Chocolate Brownies are made with lentils, coconut oil and dates, which makes them moist in the middle without all that refined sugar and butter. A cleaner, healthier, more delicious version for every occasion!
- 1 cup prepared lentils
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 6 pitted dates
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Combine the lentils, coconut oil, sea salt, maple syrup, dates, cocoa, and eggs into high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until the mixture looks smooth and you no longer see any bean or date pieces.
- Empty the contents into a bowl and stir in the almond flour, chocolate chips and raspberries.
- Spread the mixture into a parchment lined 20 cm (8 inch) square pan or muffin molds and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and firm on top.
- Brownies will be moist in the middle and are best sliced once cooled.
Some health foods are non-negotiable. You can shop the Food Matters’ pantry staples here.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!