Gluten-Free Cauliflower Bhaji
We’ve done our usual Food Matters Kitchen spin on a classic dish, swapping for a gluten-free version, slightly shallow fried in coconut oil
Try this one as a spicy, nourishing snack or with a beautiful green salad or fresh steamed vegetables.
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 medium-sized head cauliflower, divided into tiny florets
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 green chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 egg, whisked
- Water, to mix
- Coconut oil for shallow frying
- Combine all ingredients aside from the lemon juice and egg in a bowl. Mmake a well in the center and pour in the lemon, egg and enough cold water to make a thick batter.
- Pour coconut oil to a depth of 1-2 cm in a deep sided frying pan and heat until a small drop of batter immediately sizzles and quickly colors. Drop large spoonfuls of mixture into the oil and cook in batches, turning as required until golden and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with a little sea salt and serve hot with your favorite chutney.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!