It's not all chocolates and candy at Easter. A long weekend is the perfect time to get the kids in the kitchen!
The whole family can get involved with these super cute and easy Easter recipes!
GLUTEN-FREE EASTER BREAKFAST BUNNIES
Makes enough for two bunnies
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs (lightly whisked)
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil for frying
- Berries to serve
- Coconut yogurt to serve
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined well.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Once heated, add a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Spoon the batter mixture into the pan in the shape of ears and paws. Allow to cook until bubbles appear, then flip.
- Repeat this for the head and the body of the bunny.
- Put your bunny together and top with your favorite pancake toppings. We used bananas, raspberries and coconut yogurt.
WHITE BUNNY TAILS
These cute little bunny tails are a great alternative to an overload of chocolate. The lemon and coconut combo makes them the perfect treat for adults. Omit the lemon zest if the kids aren't a fan.
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut for rolling
- Prepare your cashews by soaking in filtered water for 6-8 hours, drain before processing.
- Combine soaked cashews, shredded coconut, lemon and honey in the food processor or high speed blender and process until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and roll in extra coconut.
- These are best stored in the fridge or freezer.