Gluten-Free Pistachio Rosewater Brownies
Treat your loved ones to something a little extra special this Valentine's Day, completely guilt-free. The combination of rose water and pistachio creates an elegant twist on an indulgent classic.
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) organic, unsweetened dark chocolate (find out how to make the best choice here )
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs (or 1 tbsp ground chia + 1/4 warm water)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp rosewater
- rose petals & crushed pistachios to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate over low heat or use a double boiler.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in your food processor or blender.
- Add the melted chocolate and combine until smooth- should be creamy, not too dry.
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry, and mix well.
- Pour batter into the pan, smooth it out with a spatula & bake it for about 25-30 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in to make sure cooked through. They should be firm when you press down.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with some extra crushed pistachios and rose petals, for an extra touch.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!