Gluten-Free Pizza (The Ingredients Will Surprise You)
The Food Matters Team is loving this gluten-free pizza recipe at the moment. The ingredients might surprise you!
- florets from 1 cauliflower
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 organic eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Coarsely chop the cauliflower, place in food processor and blend until it is a fine rice-like texture. Place in a mixing bowl. Add the almond meal, oregano and seasoning and mix with your hands. Make a well in the center and add the eggs. Use your hands to pull the dry ingredients towards the middle until everything is combined and you can shape it into a ball.
- Transfer to the baking paper and form into a pizza base by flattening the dough with your hands. Depending on preference, you could make 2 small bases or one large. We find the small bases work better and cook more evenly.
- Pre-bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Meanwhile, prepare the super green basil pesto. Remove the crust from the oven. Cover it with pesto sauce, halved tomatoes & parmesan cheese and put it back in the oven for 5-10 more minutes. Take it out of the oven and top with fresh basil, arugula & a squeeze of lemon juice.
SUPER GREEN PESTO
- 1 cup activated nuts of your choice
- 1 bunch of basil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp Superfood Greens
- In a food processor, process your nuts until they are roughly chopped. Add basil, lemon juice, garlic and superfood greens. Pulse a few until blended well. Slowly add the 1/4 cup of olive oil while food processor is running.
- Blend until creamy and pesto comes together, add a pinch of salt and pulse a few times.
We topped ours with this tasty green pesto, fresh tomatoes, and greens, but you can use any of your favorite pizza toppings!!
Discover how to lose excess fat from your belly, face & thighs in less than 7 days with this simple ancient practice. Watch the Detox Masterclass here. Playing for a limited time!