The Food Matters Team is loving this gluten-free pizza recipe at the moment. The ingredients might surprise you!
- florets from 1 cauliflower
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 organic eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Coarsely chop the cauliflower, place in food processor and blend until it is a fine rice-like texture. Place in a mixing bowl. Add the almond meal, oregano and seasoning and mix with your hands. Make a well in the center and add the eggs. Use your hands to pull the dry ingredients towards the middle until everything is combined and you can shape it into a ball.
- Transfer to the baking paper and form into a pizza base by flattening the dough with your hands. Depending on preference, you could make 2 small bases or one large. We find the small bases work better and cook more evenly.
- Pre-bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Meanwhile, prepare the super green basil pesto. Remove the crust from the oven. Cover it with pesto sauce, halved tomatoes & parmesan cheese and put it back in the oven for 5-10 more minutes. Take it out of the oven and top with fresh basil, arugula & a squeeze of lemon juice.
SUPER GREEN PESTO
- 1 cup activated nuts of your choice
- 1 bunch of basil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp Food Matters Superfood Greens
- In a food processor, process your nuts until they are roughly chopped. Add basil, lemon juice, garlic, and superfood greens. Pulse a few times until blended well. Slowly add the 1/4 cup of olive oil while food processor is running.
- Blend until creamy and pesto comes together, add a pinch of salt and pulse a few times.
We topped ours with this tasty green pesto, fresh tomatoes, and greens, but you can use any of your favorite pizza toppings!!
What Are Your Go-To Pizza Toppings?