Gluten-Free Quinoa and Seed Crackers
Never buy crackers again! This easy cracker recipe is sure to satisfy your craving for a crunchy, satisfying and healthy cracker. Enjoy with your favourite spread, as a side with soup or simply on its own.
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa (I recommend cooking it with turmeric for anti-inflammatory benefits and a vibrant colour!)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour of your choice (Brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat…)
- 2 generous tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup whole Flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Boiling Water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil or Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp Herbes de Provence
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Note: the above ingredients constitute the base of the cracker. Feel free to add other flavours such as olives, fresh basil or other fresh herbs, jalapeños, etc.
What to do
(Makes about 16 crackers)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa with ingredients until it forms a consistent “paste-like” mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking pan, and with a sheet of wax paper, press down the dough and evenly spread it out (you can use a rolling pin). Make sure the dough is thin and evenly spread out. With a knife, line uniform squares so they are easy to break off once cooked. Before placing it in the oven, sprinkle coarse Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt and drizzle with Olive Oil (optional).
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until golden-brown and crispy!