Gluten-Free Turmeric Seeded Loaf
A nourishing combination of nuts, seeds, and turmeric! This Turmeric Seeded Loaf from Lee Holmes will soon become a staple in your kitchen.
Makes 9 x 30 cm (3.5 x 12 inch) loaf
- 200 g (7 oz/ 2 cups) almond meal
- 60 g (2.25 oz/ 1/2 cup) walnuts
- 50 g (1.75 oz/ 1/2 cup) flaked almonds
- 75 g (2.75 oz/ 1/2 cup) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 40 g (1.5 oz/ 1/4 cup) sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 15 g (1/2 oz/ 1/4 cup) coconut flakes
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 90 g (3.25 oz) butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F) and line a 9 × 30 cm (3.5 × 12 inch) loaf (bar) tin with baking paper.
- Combine the almond meal, nuts, seeds, salt, turmeric, baking powder and coconut flakes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 45–50 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin before slicing.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.