Gluten-Free Zucchini & Feta Fritters
These gluten-free zucchini and feta fritters have become our favorite healthy and filling weekend breakfast! The perfect combination of wholesome ingredients including zucchini, mint, parsley & feta.
- Olive oil for pan frying
- 4 small zucchini, grated
- 3 eggs
- 200 g feta
- ¾-1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Serve with side salad: Mixed tomatoes, basil, mint
- Place the zucchini in a flat layer on sheets of paper towel. Cover with another layer of paper towel and press to remove the excess water.
- Place the zucchini, eggs, feta, flour, baking powder, mint, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of mixture to the pan and flatten with a spatula. Repeat and cook, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Keep the fritters warm and set aside. To make the tomato salad, place the tomato, basil and mint in a bowl and toss to combine. Divide the fritters between plates and top with the tomato salad to serve.