Green Machine Gluten-Free Fritters
Filled with greens and an incredible amount of flavor, these fritters will have your taste buds thanking you.
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- ½ cup celery, chopped finely
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped finely
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped finely
- 3 cups spinach, chopped roughly
- 1 cup spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ bunch fresh parsley chopped roughly
- ½ cup gluten-free flour
- ½ cup rice or soy milk
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pour the olive oil in a large pot and heat on medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, celery, and broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute for 5 minutes (do not brown the veggies).
- Add the zucchini and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, spring onions, and parsley and saute for 1 more minute.
- Leave the mixture to cool down.
- Squeeze out the liquid from the cooked veggies and herbs. Discard the liquid.
- Add the flour, pour in the milk and mix to combine.
- Add coconut oil to a hot plate and pour 1/3 cup of the patty mixture at a time.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, depending on how thick patties are.
- Do not press the patties down. Keep them at least 1.5 cm thick.
Want to learn more about cooking gluten-free recipes with Chef Cynthia Louise? Check out her series now on Food Matters TV. In this series, Chef Cynthia shares her heavenly gluten-free recipes, with love and care for your health and taste buds. Once you start cooking these recipes, you will feel more at ease with gluten-free cooking, creating your own food in your own kitchen, you’ll be amazed at what healthy recipes you can make. Learn more on Food Matters TV.