Green Papaya Salad
Green papaya is rich in enzymes that support digestion. The extra kick of ginger in this salad also aids digestion and is famed for its anti-inflammatory qualities.
- 1 green papaya (paw paw)
- 1 carrot
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 inch knob of ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- ½ bunch cilantro (coriander), roughly chopped
- Options to serve with: Freshly cooked tofu, fish or chicken, drizzled with a little gluten-free tamari , chili flakes and crushed peanuts.
- Using a julienne kitchen knife or specialized spiralizer , create fine ‘noodles’ with the flesh of the papaya and carrot.
- Whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, coconut sugar, fresh ginger and sesame oil.
- Marinade noodles in this sauce for at least 30 minutes before serving (but not too long as it will go soggy).
- Toss through cilantro just before serving. Eat with tofu, fish or chicken to make a complete meal, topping with chili and crushed peanuts.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!