Green Papaya Salad
Green papaya is rich in enzymes that support digestion. The extra kick of ginger in this salad also aids digestion and is famed for its anti-inflammatory qualities.
- 1 green papaya (paw paw)
- 1 carrot
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 inch knob of ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- ½ bunch cilantro (coriander), roughly chopped
- Options to serve with: Freshly cooked tofu, fish or chicken, drizzled with a little gluten-free tamari , chili flakes and crushed peanuts.
- Using a julienne kitchen knife or specialized spiralizer , create fine ‘noodles’ with the flesh of the papaya and carrot.
- Whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, coconut sugar, fresh ginger and sesame oil.
- Marinade noodles in this sauce for at least 30 minutes before serving (but not too long as it will go soggy).
- Toss through cilantro just before serving. Eat with tofu, fish or chicken to make a complete meal, topping with chili and crushed peanuts.