High-Protein Chia Flatbreads
You may have heard that omega-3 fatty acids are anti-inflammatory… this includes in the gut as well! Chia seeds are a wonderful plant source of omega-3s, which can soothe inflammation in your digestive tract. Furthermore, chia seeds are rich in protein and fiber, as an added benefit to your gut health.
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut flour (more if needed, to bind)
Your choice of sweet or savory toppings:
- Suggested sweet - berries, coconut yogurt, crushed walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup
- Suggested savory - Lightly sautéed mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and spinach with a little garlic and freshly torn basil, topped with diced avocado.
- Blend eggs, chia and coconut flour until a well combined batter is formed.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and coat with your choice of oil, if needed.
- Pour “pancake-sized” dollops of mixture into the pan. These will form flatbreads and will not rise like pancakes do.
- Flip after a couple of minutes, or until the base is starting to lightly brown.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!