You may have heard that omega-3 fatty acids are anti-inflammatory… this includes in the gut as well! Chia seeds are a wonderful plant source of omega-3s, which can soothe inflammation in your digestive tract. Furthermore, chia seeds are rich in protein and fiber, as an added benefit to your gut health.
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut flour (more if needed, to bind)
Your choice of sweet or savory toppings:
- Suggested sweet - berries, coconut yogurt, crushed walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup
- Suggested savory - Lightly sautéed mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and spinach with a little garlic and freshly torn basil, topped with diced avocado.
- Blend eggs, chia and coconut flour until a well combined batter is formed.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and coat with your choice of oil, if needed.
- Pour “pancake-sized” dollops of mixture into the pan. These will form flatbreads and will not rise like pancakes do.
- Flip after a couple of minutes, or until the base is starting to lightly brown.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.