Homemade Gluten-Free Wraps
These gluten-free wraps are a staple throughout this book and in our signature Clean Eating Program. They are super easy to make, filling, and make a great replacement for store-bought wraps and tortillas.
Yield: 4 to 6 wraps (makes 4 large or 6 to 8 small)
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) canned coconut milk
- 1 pinch unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Combine the almond meal, tapioca flour, eggs, coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, and salt in a bowl to form a smooth, thin batter. You may need to add a little more water to thin out the mixture.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Ladle 1/4 cup batter into the pan, tilting and swirling to coat the base in an even layer. When using the recipe for taco tortillas, you might want to use a little less batter at a time to make small taco wraps.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then carefully turn the wrap over with a spatula and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until golden. Lift the wrap from the pan and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture, greasing the pan with more coconut oil as needed between wraps.
FM TIP: For an equally delicious wrap, you can use 2 cups of manioc/cassava flour instead of the almond-and-tapioca flour mix.
Discover how to lose excess fat from your belly, face & thighs in less than 7 days with this simple ancient practice. Watch the Detox Masterclass here. Playing for a limited time!