Homemade Gluten-Free Wraps
These gluten-free wraps are a staple throughout this book and in our signature Clean Eating Program. They are super easy to make, filling, and make a great replacement for store-bought wraps and tortillas.
Yield: 4 to 6 wraps (makes 4 large or 6 to 8 small)
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) canned coconut milk
- 1 pinch unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Combine the almond meal, tapioca flour, eggs, coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, and salt in a bowl to form a smooth, thin batter. You may need to add a little more water to thin out the mixture.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Ladle 1/4 cup batter into the pan, tilting and swirling to coat the base in an even layer. When using the recipe for taco tortillas, you might want to use a little less batter at a time to make small taco wraps.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then carefully turn the wrap over with a spatula and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until golden. Lift the wrap from the pan and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture, greasing the pan with more coconut oil as needed between wraps.
FM TIP: For an equally delicious wrap, you can use 2 cups of manioc/cassava flour instead of the almond-and-tapioca flour mix.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!