You asked for it, so we created it! This is one super tasty vegan-friendly lasagna that you'll be making again and again! Rich in nutrients, it's a much lighter take on the traditional dish.
CAULIFLOWER "WHITE" SAUCE
- 3 cups of cauliflower florets (approx. 1/2 head)
- 2-3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup nut milk
- 2 tsp dried herbs (we used parsley, basil, thyme)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- juice of half a lemon
WHAT TO DO
- Lightly steam cauliflower for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine steamed cauliflower, garlic, salt, pepper, nut milk, herbs, nutritional yeast and lemon juice in the food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- 1 batch of cauliflower "white" sauce
- 1 bottle pasta sauce (we used a 600mL organic tomato, garlic and basil one)
- Gluten-free pasta sheets (we used some that are a combo of rice flour & maize, take a look in your local health food store for some great varieties)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 small zucchini's sliced thinly
- extra nutritional yeast
- extra dried herbs
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Begin layering your lasagna in an oven proof dish by spreading a layer of pasta sauce, pasta sheets, white sauce, baby spinach, another layer of pasta sauce, pasta sheets, white sauce, sliced zucchini, pasta sauce, lasagna sheets and aiming to finish with a layer of white sauce on top.
- Top with a sprinkle of extra dried herbs, nutritional yeast and a little pepper.
- Place in the oven to bake for 45-50 minutes. If you notice the dish getting a little dry throughout this time period, poor a little more sauce (if you have some left) or water down the sides to help the pasta continue cooking.