Homemade Vegan Lasagna (Recipe)
You asked for it, so we created it! This is one super tasty vegan-friendly lasagna that you'll be making again and again! Rich in nutrients, it's a much lighter take on the traditional dish.
CAULIFLOWER "WHITE" SAUCE
- 3 cups of cauliflower florets (approx. 1/2 head)
- 2-3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup nut milk
- 2 tsp dried herbs (we used parsley, basil, thyme)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- juice of half a lemon
What to do
- Lightly steam cauliflower for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine steamed cauliflower, garlic, salt, pepper, nut milk, herbs, nutritional yeast and lemon juice in the food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- 1 batch of cauliflower "white" sauce
- 1 bottle pasta sauce (we used a 600mL organic tomato, garlic and basil one)
- Gluten-free pasta sheets (we used some that are a combo of rice flour & maize, take a look in your local health food store for some great varieties)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 small zucchini's sliced thinly
- extra nutritional yeast
- extra dried herbs
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Begin layering your lasagna in an oven proof dish by spreading a layer of pasta sauce, pasta sheets, white sauce, baby spinach, another layer of pasta sauce, pasta sheets, white sauce, sliced zucchini, pasta sauce, lasagna sheets and aiming to finish with a layer of white sauce on top.
- Top with a sprinkle of extra dried herbs, nutritional yeast and a little pepper.
- Place in the oven to bake for 45-50 minutes. If you notice the dish getting a little dry throughout this time period, poor a little more sauce (if you have some left) or water down the sides to help the pasta continue cooking.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!