Kale, Chickpea, Mint And Preserved Lemon Salad
A refreshing and healthy salad made substantial by the addition of chickpeas. It is also suitable as a side dish, or enjoy on its own with barbecued slices of paneer or haloumi.
- 1 garlic clove, finely crushed
- ½ teaspoon finely shredded mint leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 150 g kale, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp preserved lemon rind, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds, lightly toasted and crushed
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt, to taste
- 180 g cooked chickpeas, lightly crushed with the back of a fork
Whisk together the oil, crushed spices, garlic, mint, red chili flakes, if using, lemon juice and salt to taste.
Place the chickpeas and kale together in a large bowl.
Pour over the dressing and scatter with the preserved lemon.
Recipes and images from Indian Made Easy by Amandip Uppal (Murdoch Books) $39.99 available now in all good bookstores and online.
Bust common myths and find out everything you truly need to know for health and wellbeing in our free nutrition masterclass.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!