Layered Millet Porridge (Recipe)
Are you in a rush at breakfast time? Don’t ever compromise this meal! The key, you ask? Be prepared! Whip up some of this Millet Porridge and top with a few of your favorite ingredients on those busy mornings.
- 1 – 1 1/4c precooked millet [cooked in water]
- 1/2 unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup frozen cherries
- Add millet and milk together in a pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer for 3-5min.
- Once it starts to thicken, add in frozen fruit and stir.
- When the fruit is cooked and the desired consistency is met, take the pot off the heat.
- Layer with your favourite superfoods & enjoy!
Pictured is the perfect combo of crunchy buckwheat groats on top, nut butters, cinnamon & fruits. Savor every little bite!
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.