This is one of my favourite freezer desserts, and I like to keep it ready to grab at a moment’s notice. A decadent delight, it perfects the irresistible flavor combo of caramel and sea salt. The unique peanutty edge makes it fulfilling for adults with a cuppa, but also brings plenty of happiness to little kids.
- 270 g (91/2oz/1 cup) almond butter
- 80 ml (21/2 fl oz/ 1/3 cup) extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 90 g (31/4 oz/ 1/4 cup) rice malt syrup
- 30 g (1 oz/1/4 cup) raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
SALTED CARAMEL AND PEANUT
- 90 g (31/4 oz/1/4 cup) rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter or other nut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 35 g (11/4oz/1/3 cup) roasted salted peanuts
- Line a 12 × 18 cm (412 × 7 inch) baking tin with baking paper.
- To make the fudge layer, whiz the almond butter and coconut oil in a food processor until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin to 3 cm (114 inches) deep and smooth the top with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- For the salted caramel and peanut layer, clean the food processor then process all the ingredients except the peanuts until the mixture has a caramel-like consistency.
- Spoon the salted caramel over the fudge, smooth with the back of a spoon or a spatula, then scatter the peanuts over and press them in gently. Freeze for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving. If stored frozen for longer, it may need some time in the fridge to soften a little before serving.
- Sprinkle with extra salt before serving, if you like.
Images and recipes from Supercharge your Life by Lee Holmes, Murdoch Books, RRP $35.00 Photography by Luisa Brimble.’