Lentil Tacos With Creamy Lime Dressing
If you were to ask me, "which food could you eat for the rest of your life, and you can only choose one?", it would be TACOS! Love them in every variety, especially these lentil tacos with zesty cabbage slaw & creamy lime dressing!
Through these together in very little time and have a meal that's hearty and packed with a whole lot of taco goodness!
- 8 organic corn soft tortillas
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400 g canned presoaked & cooked lentils
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Salt & pepper to taste
Zesty Cabbage Slaw
- 1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
Creamy Lime Dressing
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup natural yogurt
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Add onions to a large sauté pan lightly coated with olive oil over medium heat. Sauté for about 3-5 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
- When the onions have softened, add tomatoes, lentils and spices. Continue to sauté over medium heat for another 3-5 minutes, until spices are evenly distributed throughout the lentil mixture.
- Prep your dressing by adding cilantro, lime, yogurt and salt to blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Prep your cabbage slaw by mixing together sliced cabbage and lime juice.
- To assemble tacos: Heat tortillas on a dry pan for about a minute on each side. Fill each tortilla with lentil taco meat and dress with zest cabbage slaw and creamy lime dressing.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!