Liana's Cashew Cheesecake
A glorious dessert for your Christmas celebration - or any time of the year.
: 3 hours to soak nuts, 25 minutes preparation, 2 hours freezing
For the Base
- 4 cups almond meal
- 5 tbsp maple syrup (or raw honey)
For the Cheesecake Filling
- ¼ cup lemon juice (approximately 1 large lemon)
- 1½ cups cashew nuts, soaked in water for 3 hours to soften
- 6 tbsp maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Make the base. In a bowl, combine the almond meal and maple syrup (or honey). The mixture should be dry, but moist enough to hold together.
- Turn the base mixture into a deep pie dish (large enough to hold 2½ quarts) and press it evenly to cover the bottom and sides of dish. Set aside.
- Make the cheesecake filling. Put all the ingredients in a powerful blender and blend until filling is very smooth and light. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Freeze for 2 hours. Once set, cut into slices and serve.
- To make a smaller cheesecake, halve the recipe.
- Make Mini Cashew Cheesecakes by pressing down a little crust into each cup cake liner, and then pour in the batter.
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen.