Low-Carb Sweet Potato & Broccoli Tots
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 cup organic ricotta, labna or tofu
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of coconut oil or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then remove and shock with cold tap water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Steam sweet potato in vegetable steamer until soft enough to poke with a fork.
- Add all ingredients to the food processor, beginning with 1 cup of almond meal, pulse, and gradually add in another cup. You may not need the full 2 cups. You want the mixture to be sticky and hold together.
- Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of mix using a ice-cream scoop, measuring spoon, or your hands and gently press between your hands into a firm ball. Then shape into a tater-tot shape. It helps to wash your hands after every few tots to keep them from sticking onto your hands. Next, place on your prepared baking tray.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18-24 minutes, turning the tots half way through. Remove from the oven and enjoy hot with homemade ketchup, Sriracha, or your favorite dipping sauce!
Are you searching for the latest in health & wellness? Stay up to date with our most recent articles .