Low-Carb Sweet Potato & Broccoli Tots
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 cup organic ricotta, labna or tofu
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of coconut oil or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then remove and shock with cold tap water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Steam sweet potato in vegetable steamer until soft enough to poke with a fork.
- Add all ingredients to the food processor, beginning with 1 cup of almond meal, pulse, and gradually add in another cup. You may not need the full 2 cups. You want the mixture to be sticky and hold together.
- Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of mix using a ice-cream scoop, measuring spoon, or your hands and gently press between your hands into a firm ball. Then shape into a tater-tot shape. It helps to wash your hands after every few tots to keep them from sticking onto your hands. Next, place on your prepared baking tray.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18-24 minutes, turning the tots half way through. Remove from the oven and enjoy hot with homemade ketchup, Sriracha, or your favorite dipping sauce!
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!