Mediterranean Layered Dip
The Mediterranean-style diet well-known for its vibrant colors and fresh flavors! Research has shown that it can protect people from heart attack and stroke.
Try our take on the classic Mediterranean Layered Dip!
- 1 x 200g cans of chickpeas (reserve the liquid and a few chickpeas for decoration)
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed sea salt
- 3 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
LAYERED DIP INGREDIENTS
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers, diced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Handful parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, halved
For the hummus…
- Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor. Add the tahini, crushed garlic, salt, and lemon juice. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs and mixture is well combined.
For layered dip…
- In a large serving dish, spread the hummus evenly on the bottom.
- Layer the tomatoes and cucumber over top.
- Drizzle yogurt over the tomatoes and cucumber.
- Sprinkle the yogurt with salt and paprika.
- Layer the artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and feta cheese. Sprinkle the parsley over top and garnish with olives.
- Serve with fresh vegetables, pita chips or crackers.
Discover how to eat your medicine to heal your gut, eliminate bloating, skin issues and hair loss as I share seven nutrition principles in this free masterclass. Running for a limited time only.