Mexican Soup With Nacho Dippers
A hearty Mexican spice tomato soup, with crispy nacho dippers. Top with avocado and a squeeze of zesty lemon to give your mouth the fiesta it deserves!
- 1 small brown onion
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large peppers, chopped
- 4 large vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups vegetable broth or stock
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp ground chili
- Organic corn chips
- Cherry tomatoes
- Organic cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- Handful of cilantro (coriander)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Place red peppers and tomatoes on oven tray, drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-40 minutes until very soft. Remove and allow to cool.
- Heat saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and sauté onion until golden brown and softened. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add roasted tomatoes, red peppers, stock, and spices. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow soup to slightly cool, then blend (in blender or food processor) in batches until you have a smooth purée. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Layer on nacho dippers and top with diced avocado, lime, & fresh coriander.
Some health foods are non-negotiable. You can shop the Food Matters’ pantry staples here.