Mexican Soup With Nacho Dippers
A hearty Mexican spice tomato soup, with crispy nacho dippers. Top with avocado and a squeeze of zesty lemon to give your mouth the fiesta it deserves!
- 1 small brown onion
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large peppers, chopped
- 4 large vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups vegetable broth or stock
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp ground chili
- Organic corn chips
- Cherry tomatoes
- Organic cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- Handful of cilantro (coriander)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Place red peppers and tomatoes on oven tray, drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-40 minutes until very soft. Remove and allow to cool.
- Heat saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and sauté onion until golden brown and softened. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add roasted tomatoes, red peppers, stock, and spices. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow soup to slightly cool, then blend (in blender or food processor) in batches until you have a smooth purée. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Layer on nacho dippers and top with diced avocado, lime, & fresh coriander.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!