Mexican Stuffed Zucchini’s
Stuffed zucchinis are a great way of turning a usually boring vegetable into a flavorful bed for some delicious toppings - like our Mexican sides in this recipe!
- 2 large zucchinis, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup turtle beans
- ¼ cup pepita seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- Juice of lime
Cilantro Lime Verde
- 3 whole jalapeño chilis, deseeded (If you want a spicier sauce leave the seeds in!)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup organic, natural yogurt
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Halve your zucchinis and scoop out the seeds down the middle.
- Place zucchini halves on a lined baking tray, skin-side down, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While zucchini is roasting, mix together all superfood salsa ingredients in one bowl.
- For the cilantro lime verde, process all ingredients in the food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Remove zucchini from oven and top with Superfood Salsa and Cilantro Lime Verde.
You can mix your toppings up and use whatever you have. Perfect with leftover chili!