Mexican Stuffed Zucchini’s
Stuffed zucchinis are a great way of turning a usually boring vegetable into a flavorful bed for some delicious toppings - like our Mexican sides in this recipe!
- 2 large zucchinis, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup turtle beans
- ¼ cup pepita seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- Juice of lime
Cilantro Lime Verde
- 3 whole jalapeño chilis, deseeded (If you want a spicier sauce leave the seeds in!)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup organic, natural yogurt
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Halve your zucchinis and scoop out the seeds down the middle.
- Place zucchini halves on a lined baking tray, skin-side down, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While zucchini is roasting, mix together all superfood salsa ingredients in one bowl.
- For the cilantro lime verde, process all ingredients in the food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Remove zucchini from oven and top with Superfood Salsa and Cilantro Lime Verde.
You can mix your toppings up and use whatever you have. Perfect with leftover chili!
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!