No Bake Orange Chocolate Mini Mousse Cakes
If you thought you weren’t allowed to indulge in dreamy desserts anymore this creamy vegan and nut free mousse will send your taste buds to the moon.
This recipe is packed with the vitamin C goodness of oranges, great dietary fiber, vitamin B, magnesium from medjool dates and raw cocoa. The essential fatty acids of coconut oil and avocado will condition the skin, boost the immune system and metabolism, yet lower cholesterol, making this dessert a good option for your heart.
Naturally sweet and gentle on the digestive system. But you know what the best part is? There’s no baking required so your body can reap further benefits from all these raw nutrients.
They’re super easy to make and you don’t have to have them all at once (if you can help it). They will stay in the freezer for days!
Note: You will need a blender or food processor
No-Bake Chocolate Orange Mini Mousse Cakes (Nut free & dairy free)
For the base:
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup mixed seeds
- 1 cup Medjool dates
For the chocolate layer:
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
For the base:
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, process the base ingredients until a sticky crumble forms.
- To make the base, press mixture into mini silicone cake molds.
- Smooth with the back of a spoon and place in the freezer to set while you make your chocolate layer.
For the chocolate-orange layer:
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, process all chocolate layer ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Spread layer evenly over base layers and place back in the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer to thaw a little for 5-10 minutes just before serving.