No-Bake Superfood Energy Bars
Looking for a wholesome, natural and utterly delicious afternoon pick-me-up? These energy bars are no-fuss to create and are packed full of powerful nutrients to boost your wellbeing!
- 1 cup nuts (we used a mix of almonds & cashews)
- 1 cup seeds (we used a mix of pumpkin and sunflower)
- ¼ cup Goji berries
- 3 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2-3 tbsp Cacao nibs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup - ½ cup coconut oil (start with 1/4 cup and if not sticky enough to hold together, you may like to add more)
- ¼ cup maple syrup or raw honey
What to do
- Place all ingredients in the processor and give a few pulses. You don't want to pulse to a full crumble, you can also skip this step and just mix together in a bowl though we find it helps to hold the bars together.
- Spread energy bar mix evenly in a lined rectangle dish. We used a glass pyrex dish, measuring 20.3 x 15.2 x 5cm (6 cup capacity, so try and use what you have).
- Place in the freezer to set for 1/2 an hour - 1 hour. Store in freezer for 2-3 months.
- Option: mix up a batch of raw chocolate to dip your bars into for an extra treat!
RAW CHOCOLATE TOPPING (Optional)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao or FM superfoods
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Mix together with a whisk and dip your frozen energy bars into raw choc, place on parchment paper to set. They will set straight away due to the temperature of the bars.
Are you ready for the ultimate reset? Find out more about the Food Matters Juice Detox.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!