Looking for a wholesome, natural and utterly delicious afternoon pick-me-up? These energy bars are no-fuss to create and are packed full of powerful nutrients to boost your wellbeing!
- 1 cup nuts (we used a mix of almonds & cashews)
- 1 cup seeds (we used a mix of pumpkin and sunflower)
- ¼ cup Goji berries
- 3 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2-3 tbsp Cacao nibs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup - ½ cup coconut oil (start with 1/4 cup and if not sticky enough to hold together, you may like to add more)
- ¼ cup maple syrup or raw honey
WHAT TO DO
- Place all ingredients in the processor and give a few pulses. You don't want to pulse to a full crumble, you can also skip this step and just mix together in a bowl though we find it helps to hold the bars together.
- Spread energy bar mix evenly in a lined rectangle dish. We used a glass pyrex dish, measuring 20.3 x 15.2 x 5cm (6 cup capacity, so try and use what you have).
- Place in the freezer to set for 1/2 an hour - 1 hour. Store in freezer for 2-3 months.
- Option: mix up a batch of raw chocolate to dip your bars into for an extra treat!
RAW CHOCOLATE TOPPING (Optional)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao or FM superfoods
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Mix together with a whisk and dip your frozen energy bars into raw choc, place on parchment paper to set. They will set straight away due to the temperature of the bars.