Nourishing Watermelon Gummy Candies
We all love candies, especially the chewy soft ones. They're everyone’s favorite party snack. But most of them are full of refined sugar, artificial colors and flavors that do not do our bodies any good. So we’ve come up with these awesome sour-watermelon gummies; naturally flavored, full of goodness, and sweetened only with maple, rice syrup or honey (that’s your choice!).
To make the jello-type texture we’ve used gelatin, which i s fantastic for digestion, mobility, skin, hair and nails, strengthening and increasing collagen production.
You will boost your vitamin C intake with these thanks to the lemon juice which will help many bodily functions including the absorption of iron, the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth. You can optionally add a vitamin C power. We’ve used our own Food Matters Vitamin C brand.
The watermelon makes them a super refreshing and energising treat while keeping you hydrated, as melons are about 92% water!
They’re perfect for a hot day - after being set in the fridge they’ll cool everyone right down. Your kids will love them! They’re fun and easy to make, so why not get your little ones to help you make them?
NOTE: You will need a ice-cube type container for the gelatin to set
- 3 tbsp grass-fed gelatin or agar agar for a vegan version
- 1 cup liquid (we used filtered water)
- ½ tbsp sweetener of choice (optional: try honey, maple syrup or rice malt syrup)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup watermelon chunks
- In a pot over medium heat, add all ingredients except the gelatin and Food Matters Vitamin C. Stir until simmering.
- Remove from heat and blend until liquid.
- Return to heat and stir in gelatin powder, combining well.
- Remove from heat, allow to slightly cool. Stir in Food Matters Vitamin C (optional).
- Pour mixture into a small, lined, slice dish or small molds.
- Place in the fridge and allow to set for approximately 1-2 hours.
- Remove from slice dish and cut into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Store in container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!