Oat, Pumpkin and Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins
Looking for a hearty and filling breakfast that will satisfy your taste buds? Then try these oat, pumpkin and cinnamon breakfast muffins and start your day off with something great!
- 1 ½ cup almond meal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup cubed pumpkin, steamed until soft (you can use whichever variety is available to you in your area)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat the oven 350ºF (180ºC). Grease or line a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, steamed pumpkin, milk and oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups and bake in the oven until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a muffin, about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool the muffins for 5 minutes in the pan before gently removing them and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.