Oat, Pumpkin and Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins
Looking for a hearty and filling breakfast that will satisfy your taste buds? Then try these oat, pumpkin and cinnamon breakfast muffins and start your day off with something great!
- 1 ½ cup almond meal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup cubed pumpkin, steamed until soft (you can use whichever variety is available to you in your area)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat the oven 350ºF (180ºC). Grease or line a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, steamed pumpkin, milk and oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups and bake in the oven until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a muffin, about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool the muffins for 5 minutes in the pan before gently removing them and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!