Oven Baked Broccoli and Cauliflower Steaks
We all know just how nutritious vegetables are, but often we don’t make them feel that way. We boil brussels sprouts until they’re tasteless and we cook cauliflower until it’s a pile of soggy mess. I’d like to take a moment to say sorry to the previous vegetables that we’ve all victimized by treating them this way. Let’s take a vow to never do it again.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into 4 thick slices
- 1 head broccoli, cut into 4 thick slices
- Yogurt (optional)
- Small handful coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, cumin seeds, ground coriander, garam masala, turmeric, yeast flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Lay the cauliflower and broccoli slices on the prepared baking tray, and brush with the spice mixture, turning over to coat both sides.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender. Set aside to cool.
Transfer the ‘steaks’ to a plate, garnish with yogurt and the coriander leaves to serve.