Papaya Pineapple “Granola” Parfait
Pineapple and papaya have been renowned for their digestive enzymes. If you marinate meat with these fruits, you’ll notice their tenderizing properties, which is due to their strong enzyme action! Furthermore, pineapple and papaya are low in FODMAPS, which can be very useful for people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- 1 slice fresh pineapple, chopped
- ¼ cup papaya (paw paw), chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tsp pepitas
- 2 tsp slivered almonds
- 2 tsp shredded coconut
- ¼ cup plain coconut yogurt
- Optional: Mint leaves, to serve
- Place pineapple and papaya into a serving bowl and coat thoroughly with the lime juice.
- In a shallow fry pan, lightly toast the pepitas, almonds and coconut until the pepitas are popping or the nuts are lightly browned.
- Using a tall glass or parfait glass, layer the fruit, yogurt, and ‘granola’ nut/coconut mix. Reserve a little of the granola to sprinkle on top.
- Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!