The key ingredients in this nourishing salad are rich in vitamins and minerals that help give your skin that radiant glow.
- 2 handfuls of bitter greens (arugula, dandelion & endive)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 radish
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 handful fresh, soft herbs (works best with dill, cilantro/coriander or basil leaves)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- To make the dressing, add to the blender lime juice, avocado, cayenne pepper, vinegar, honey, herbs and salt.
- Blend until smooth; you may need to add a dash of water to facilitate blending.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- In a large bowl, arrange the leaves, cucumber, carrot, radish and onion.
- Dollop dressing generously on your salad. Mix through before eating.
Best served with 1 cup of cooked chickpeas for extra protein. Soak chickpeas for 4 hours or overnight, strain, then cook in boiling water for 30 minutes and drain to serve.