Pumpkin-Chia Pudding With Matcha
Over your usual breakfast combination? Try mixing it up this week with this mouth-watering Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding recipe!
- ¾ cup (185 g) pumpkin purée*
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream**
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 6 drops of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 handfuls of chia seeds
- 6 Tbsp coconut cream**
- 4 Tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 30 drops of vanilla extract
- Make the chia layer by mixing the pumpkin purée, coconut cream, orange juice, grated ginger, cayenne and vanilla in a food processor. Let the motor run while you slowly add the olive oil until you have a smooth liquid. Pour into a bowl and add the chia seeds. Stir the seeds carefully into the liquid with a spoon or spatula so that they are fully covered and do not stick together. Spoon the pudding into 2 glasses or bowls and set aside for at least an hour or overnight.
- Make the matcha layer by whisking the coconut cream, rice syrup, matcha powder, and vanilla in a bowl to make a beautiful creamy mixture. Pour over the pumpkin-chia layer, then leave in the freezer for 30 minutes to make firmer. Don’t have the time? Skip this stage and serve the pudding immediately.
- For a completely raw version, use pumpkin juice, raw coconut cream, a vanilla bean, and a natural liquid sweetener.
- You can buy pumpkin purée or make it yourself by baking the chopped pumpkin for 30–40 minutes in a 190°C (375°F) oven and then mashing.
- I use the solid parts of a BPA-free tin of coconut milk.
Images and Text from Vegan by Kyra de Vreeze, Murdoch Books RRP ‘$24.99
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!