Pumpkin Pie Spiced Turmeric Latte
As the Pumpkin Pie Latte trend runs wild this time of year in the U.S. we decided to get on board with the Food Matters Approved version! Same pumpkin pie mouth-watering taste, packing a nutritional punch. So, not only will you get your fix, your immune system will, too.
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ to ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp or more of pumpkin pie spice (Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend below)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée * note below
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup , raw honey or rice malt syrup
- Optional: 1 tbsp pasture-fed gelatin or collagen powder
- Turmeric, pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon for garnish
- Bring water and spices to a boil. Simmer for a minute.
- Add the pumpkin, almond milk and sweetener in a blender and pulse until frothy. Add to the boiling water that is infused with spices.
- Pour into mugs. Sprinkle pinches of turmeric and pumpkin pie spice and serve!
MAKE YOUR OWN PUMPKIN PIE SPICE BLEND
We love making up our own Pumpkin Pie Blend to have on hand to sprinkle on everything! Mix it up in a small jar and use as needed.
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1½ tsp ground allspice
- 1½ tsp ground cloves
Note: While squash is in season, you're better off making your own pumpkin purée in bulk to use in recipes. Relying on canned pumpkin purée is convenient, but the USDA is fairly lenient with what can go into these canned purées.
How do you reset your body, kickstart healthy habits, and bring yourself back to your natural state of health? By supporting the body’s natural detoxification pathways! You can discover more about the practice and how you can enhance it, here.