Quick Snacks: Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
High in the mineral zinc and an excellent source of B complex vitamins, pepitas make a great beauty food snack as they nourish your skin and aid wound healing. Zinc is also a key nutrient for your immune system, helping to ward off colds and flu!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Optional: sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, drizzle olive oil
- Heat a dry frying pan or skillet over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds.
- Shake and stir the seeds constantly as they are toasting to prevent burning.
- When the pumpkin seeds begin to get golden, start to pop open and release their aroma they are done. This will smell like popcorn.
- Sprinkle hot toasted pumpkin seeds with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, or your choice of seasonings and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here.