Quick Snacks: Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
High in the mineral zinc and an excellent source of B complex vitamins, pepitas make a great beauty food snack as they nourish your skin and aid wound healing. Zinc is also a key nutrient for your immune system, helping to ward off colds and flu!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Optional: sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, drizzle olive oil
- Heat a dry frying pan or skillet over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds.
- Shake and stir the seeds constantly as they are toasting to prevent burning.
- When the pumpkin seeds begin to get golden, start to pop open and release their aroma they are done. This will smell like popcorn.
- Sprinkle hot toasted pumpkin seeds with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, or your choice of seasonings and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!