Quick Veggie Chili
A great alternative to the classic chili con carne! This version is packed with nourishing veggies, super quick to whip up mid-week in under 15 minutes and super tasty!
Serves 2 - Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- ½ fresh chili, finely diced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), diced
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
- 1 cup passata (we used an organic one free of additives)
- handful of fresh cilantro
- organic yogurt to serve (optional)
- 1 cup cook quinoa
What to do
- In a frypan over medium heat, add a dash of olive oil and add diced onion, crushed garlic and diced chili. Gently fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and soft.
- Add in bell pepper and continue to saute for another 1-2 minutes before adding in all spices.
- Add in drained chickpeas, tinned tomatoes and passata. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with cooked quinoa or brown rice, topped with fresh cilantro and a dollop of yogurt.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!