A great alternative to the classic chili con carne! This version is packed with nourishing veggies, super quick to whip up mid-week in under 15 minutes and super tasty!
Serves 2 - Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- ½ fresh chili, finely diced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), diced
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
- 1 cup passata (we used an organic one free of additives)
- handful of fresh cilantro
- organic yogurt to serve (optional)
- 1 cup cook quinoa
WHAT TO DO
- In a frypan over medium heat, add a dash of olive oil and add diced onion, crushed garlic and diced chili. Gently fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and soft.
- Add in bell pepper and continue to saute for another 1-2 minutes before adding in all spices.
- Add in drained chickpeas, tinned tomatoes and passata. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with cooked quinoa or brown rice, topped with fresh cilantro and a dollop of yogurt.