Quinoa, Cranberry & Feta Stuffed Pumpkins (Thanksgiving Recipe)
WOW your friends and family this Thanksgiving with this surprisingly simple Stuffed Pumpkin recipe!
- 1 large squash or 6-8 mini squash
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 250g (½ lb) brown mushrooms, quartered
- 2 large stems kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 handful raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped;, save some for serving
- 100g (¼ lb) feta cheese; save some for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cook quinoa as per instructions.
- In a large frypan, heat coconut oil. Sauté onions, mushrooms and kale for a couple of minutes until soft. Add water, thyme, salt and pepper and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Once liquid is almost evaporated, add cranberries, almonds, parsley and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the cooked quinoa.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese and toss to combine.
- Fill the pumpkin with the quinoa stuffing. Place the pumpkin ‘lid’ on top and bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes.
- The pumpkin is ready when skin is browned and bubbly and the flesh is soft. Garnish with parsley and feta.