Quinoa, Cranberry & Feta Stuffed Pumpkins (Thanksgiving Recipe)
ADD TO MY RECIPES
WOW your friends and family this Thanksgiving with this surprisingly simple Stuffed Pumpkin recipe!
- 1 large squash or 6-8 mini squash
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 250g (½ lb) brown mushrooms, quartered
- 2 large stems kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 handful raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped;, save some for serving
- 100g (¼ lb) feta cheese; save some for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cook quinoa as per instructions.
- In a large frypan, heat coconut oil. Sauté onions, mushrooms and kale for a couple of minutes until soft. Add water, thyme, salt and pepper and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Once liquid is almost evaporated, add cranberries, almonds, parsley and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the cooked quinoa.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese and toss to combine.
- Fill the pumpkin with the quinoa stuffing. Place the pumpkin ‘lid’ on top and bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes.
- The pumpkin is ready when skin is browned and bubbly and the flesh is soft. Garnish with parsley and feta.
Get access to the entire Food Matters Film Library. Start watching here.