Raspberry Cheesecakes With A Vegetable (Dairy, Gluten & Nut Free)
It's official, we have lost our marbles...
We've added cauliflower to our desserts! Cauliflower florets are seriously high in vitamin C. Would you believe it? Second to that is vitamin K, folate, even vitamins B 1, 2 and 3 for energy-producing properties, magnesium for growing muscles and calcium for strong bones. So why not sneak them into your daily diet as much as possible?!
We've kept this dessert gluten, dairy and nut free making it super easy and cost effective to whip up! The Food Matters Team wasn't even aware that cauliflower was a main ingredient.
- 1½ cups pumpkin seeds
- 8 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ cups boiled or steamed cauliflower florets
- 4 tbsp coconut cream (from a chilled can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
Additional Raspberry Layer Ingredients:
- ¼ cup fruit-sweetened raspberry jam (or jam of choice, alternatively just use raspberries)
- Process all crust ingredients into a sticky crumble in a food processor. Transfer this mixture into a 5" springform pan or mini cake molds and press down to form a crust. Place in the freezer while working on the next step.
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Process all filling ingredients in a high-power blender or food processor.
- Once the filling is smooth, transfer ¾ of this filling into the prepared springform pan, leaving ¼ of the mixture behind in the blender.
- Add the raspberry jam to the mixture in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour this mixture over the white mixture in the pan or molds, then use a spoon to swirl the two mixtures together a little.
- Place the cake in the freezer to set for 6 hours or overnight. When ready to eat, pop cake out of the pan, thaw it out on the counter for a few minutes, and enjoy! We've topped ours with some extra mixed berries!
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!