Raspberry Coconut Balls & Almond Tahini Balls
You may have seen my recent Q&A with The Food Matters Team and as promised I will be sharing some of my recipes with you guys!
First up is the epic Raspberry Coconut Balls and my favorite Almond Tahini Balls. I hope you enjoy!
Raspberry Coconut Balls
- 185 g (6½ oz/1½ cups) frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 105 g (3½ oz/1 cup) rolled(porridge) oats
- 45 g (1½ oz/½ cup) desiccated (shredded) coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Slightly smash the raspberries in a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into balls and set the balls out on the prepared tray. Transfer to the fridge to set, about 1 hour.
- These will keep for a few days, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Almond Tahini Balls
- 90 g (3¼ oz/1 cup) desiccated (shredded) coconut , plus extra for coating
- 155 g (5½ oz/1 cup) dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 135 g (4¾ oz/ ½ cup) tahini
- 90 g (3¼ oz/ ¼ cup) honey
- 40 g (1½ oz/ ¼ cup) almonds, coarsely chopped
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Taste and add a little extra honey if you like it sweeter.
- Shape the mixture into balls, then roll in the extra desiccated coconut.
- Transfer to the fridge to set, about 1 hour.
- These balls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Food photographer - Ben Dearnley
Excerpt from SUPER GREEN SIMPLE AND LEAN by Sally Obermeder and Maha Koraiem. Published by Allen & Unwin. Out now . $24.99
Some health foods are non-negotiable. You can shop the Food Matters’ pantry staples here.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!