Raspberry Coconut Balls & Almond Tahini Balls
You may have seen my recent Q&A with The Food Matters Team and as promised I will be sharing some of my recipes with you guys!
First up is the epic Raspberry Coconut Balls and my favorite Almond Tahini Balls. I hope you enjoy!
Raspberry Coconut Balls
- 185 g (6½ oz/1½ cups) frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 105 g (3½ oz/1 cup) rolled(porridge) oats
- 45 g (1½ oz/½ cup) desiccated (shredded) coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Slightly smash the raspberries in a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into balls and set the balls out on the prepared tray. Transfer to the fridge to set, about 1 hour.
- These will keep for a few days, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Almond Tahini Balls
- 90 g (3¼ oz/1 cup) desiccated (shredded) coconut , plus extra for coating
- 155 g (5½ oz/1 cup) dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 135 g (4¾ oz/ ½ cup) tahini
- 90 g (3¼ oz/ ¼ cup) honey
- 40 g (1½ oz/ ¼ cup) almonds, coarsely chopped
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Taste and add a little extra honey if you like it sweeter.
- Shape the mixture into balls, then roll in the extra desiccated coconut.
- Transfer to the fridge to set, about 1 hour.
- These balls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Food photographer - Ben Dearnley
Excerpt from SUPER GREEN SIMPLE AND LEAN by Sally Obermeder and Maha Koraiem. Published by Allen & Unwin. Out now . $24.99
Some health foods are non-negotiable. You can shop the Food Matters’ pantry staples here.