Raw Lemon "Cheesecakes" (Recipe)
You'll be surprised just how good this raw dessert is! A simple & zesty "cheesecake" that you can whip up with ingredients you most like already have!
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 finely grated rind of a lemon
- 1/2 cup organic oats (optional)
What to do
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until fine and combined ( approx. 15 sec)
- Divide the dough between 6 mini moulds (line moulds with baking paper) Press down evenly to made the base. Place in freezer.
- 1 cup pre-soaked raw cashews
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ can coconut cream
- ½ cup cashew butter
- â cup rice malt syrup
- 2 rinds and juice of lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
What to do
- Put all the ingredients except cashew butter into blender and blend until smooth, silky texture.
- Pour the mixture into bowl. Add the cashew butter and whisk gently until dissolved and mixture thickens.
- Take the moulds out of freezer and pour mixture over mould evenly.
- Let the cheesecakes set in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Keep cheesecakes in the freezer until 10 minutes prior to serving.
- 2 cups raw cashews
What to do
- Blitz the raw cashews in the food processor for around 20-25 minutes.
Note: Your food processor may overheat - Give it a couple of minutes to rest after every 10 minutes. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides every now and again. Do not be tempted to add liquid. Cashew butter will turn into a thick dough before it turns into a butter. Soak cashews in 1 cup of water for at least 2-4 hours before processing.
Are you searching for the latest in health & wellness? Stay up to date with our most recent articles .
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!