Raw Maca Chocolate Bark With Nut Butter Swirl
Who would have thought a nice treat like this could be helpful for balancing those hormones!
Maca is a powerful adaptogen, which means it has the ability to balance and stabilize the body’s glandular-hormonal system, nervous system, cardiovascular system and musculature. It supports the endocrine system (win for hormones), the adrenals (win for stress management), and the thyroid (win for your metabolism), and is known to improve your overall mood.
Due to its ability to balance hormones, maca is particularly beneficial to counteract menopausal and premenopausal symptoms. New to using Maca? Find more information on this Peruvian vegetable here .
Both maca and raw cacao are excellent sources of magnesium, which supports hundreds of reactions in the body. It is also well known to contribute to better sleep (essential for hormone balance) and also balancing your nervous system.
Enjoying a treat of chocolate doesn't have to make you feel guilty. Like anything, consuming poor quality chocolate, such as chocolate loaded with added sugar and chemicals, is not beneficial for your body.
There are lots of healthy chocolate recipes you can try to make sure you are giving your body the best!
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp nut butter
What to do
- Mix together cacao, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and maca powder.
- Pour into a small tray or chocolate molds, lined with parchment paper.
- Drop in teaspoons of nut butter randomly.
- Using a skewer or knife, swirl the nut butter throughout the chocolate mixture.
- Place in the freezer to set for 1/2 an hour.
- When serving, remove from freezer and break up into bark pieces.
- Store in the freezer and snack on when you are feeling a little low.