Raw Vegan Almond Joy Cheesecake
We are one of those coconut-crazy people! We admit, Almond Joy's (Bounty Bars if you are in Australia) have always been a favorite of ours so we felt a little inspired to recreate these flavors into a raw vegan dessert.
That nutty base, chocolate layer hidden under that creamy coconut layer, topped with lightly toasted almonds and coconuts... Need we go on?
- 1 ½ cup nuts - almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup Medjool dates (about 6-8)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Raw Chocolate Layer
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ - ½ cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Top with raw chocolate pieces or drizzle with raw chocolate (optional)
What to do
- Soak 2 cups of cashews overnight.
- Line a spring form cake tin (we used one with 20cm diameter, you could also using mini cake molds or a square, rectangle tray)
- Place all base ingredients into a food processor and blitz until fine and crumbly.
- Press down evenly into your lined cake tin to cover the base. Place in freezer to set while you make the chocolate layer and filling.
- To make chocolate layer, mix together maple syrup, cacao powder and coconut oil.
- Remove your base from the freezer and pour on chocolate layer. Place back into the freezer for a few minutes while you whip up your filling.
- Place all filling ingredients in a food processor and process until nice and smooth.
- Remove base from freezer and pour over the coconut filling, smoothing out in an even layer.
- Freeze cheesecake for at least 3 hours.
- Keep cheesecakes in the freezer until 30-40 minutes prior to serving.
- Just before serving lightly toast almonds and shredded coconut together. Top your cheesecake with this before serving.
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen .